CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

uninvited guest (to put it nicely!)

a couple weeks ago my husband woke me up as he was searching through the pantry for a flashlight. half asleep i asked him what he was doing. he responded by saying, "something just took a leek down the chimney!" that shot me out of bed! i turns out that we had a raccoon in our chimney! yuck! i hate, hate, hate raccoons! when i was in 3rd grade i was nipped by one on my foot. yuck! $350 later, everything was disinfected and the 2 fireplaces were capped on the top. i should add that he/she was not there at the time. we haven't thought too much about it since--until last night at 10:00 our neighbor called us to tell us that our little guest has moved on and found a new home--in their fireplace and it is stuck! would it be heartless of me to say, "Merry Christmas!"???

5 comments:

Angie said...

Ha! I guess there's a bright side to living in a state TOO warm to have a fireplace.

The Badgers said...

I would never have guessed that would happen around there! Crazy! Way to take action right away. And too bad for the neighbors. My parents deal with raccoons all the time, I have a couple great stories I will have to let you in on sometime.

Tiffany said...

Hey there! I finally got organized enough to visit your cute blog! You know how it is...little pieces of paper with email addresses on them (that just have a hard time making their way to the computer). Fun to read what you're up to, and we're so excited you're having a GIRL!!!!!! Yay!

Gabriela said...

ewwwww, racoon pee!

Congrats Di on your little girl! I am so excited for you. Girls are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?