CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 9, 2009

love is in the air!

this past weekend i attended a little get together that my friend tiffany hosted. it was a "mama's romance night." it was great! we talked about little things that we can do to improve our marriages, ate, chatted, and just had a great time! tiffany is amazing and put so much into this night! she even had goodie bags for us to put together for us to bring home to our husband (his favorite were the chocolate dipped strawberries!) thanks tiff!!! it was great and really helped me to remember how fun marriage can be!
when we first got married we decided to hold a "companionship inventory" (much like on our missions) each sunday night. we have done it off and on throughout the 9 1/2 years that we have been married. it is a time where we review the calander, set goals, talk about things to improve, and pray together. at tiff's party one of the girls mentioned a list that she and her husband made for one another. it was a list of 101 ways to show love to them. we decided to do this last night--it was awesome!!! we each wrote our own list--mine was "101 ways to love diane"--it was really neat. we then took turns reading our lists. it was such a neat way to be reminded of the little things that he likes.
5 minute rule--the 5 minutes before your husband leaves and the 5 minutes when he first gets home--make it pleasant!! don't throw the kids at him, etc. let him unwind.
this is something that i sooooo need to work on!!!!!
creative dates, love notes, etc.
i am really excited to take things from his list and try to serve him more.

9 comments:

Grapefruit said...

Wow, that sounds really fun. I wish I'd been there! I would have loved to go to something like that. When is your ten year anniversary? Doing anything special for it? On my mission we called companionship inventory "comp stomp." That's a more realistic title for how it went. :)

Suzanne G said...

I like this and think it's a wonderful idea. I think it's great that you are focusing on husbands and how to keep them happy. I will follow your example.

kener4 said...

WOW! We should get together and talk more about this! It sounds wonderful.
What a fun idea your friend had.

By the way-it was SO great to see you last week. Baby "H" is GORGEOUS! And the boys are as cute as ever and growing up so fast. I can't believe the little guy's speech-so wonderful!
Love ya!

di said...

for our 10 year my sisters gave us a trip to lava hot springs! we are soooo excited!
it is in june

Grapefruit said...

Of course they did...I should have known. Didn't your sisters get the memo that they are making everyone else's sisters look bad?

Sounds fun. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Maybe if Di's friends had brothers for her sisters then they would stop making everyone look bad :-) Just Kidding!!!! Honestly, we just have an awesome family including an amazing brother-in-law.

di said...

hee hee! cute aunties!

Christy said...

That sounds like such a wonderful idea! I would love to hear some of the ideas :) I'm sorry that you've had such a rough time with the kiddos! Keep in touch!

Annie said...

Di I have a HUGE favor. I mentioned this night to some gals in my ward and now they want me to get details from you so we can do one! Yikes for me, but I hoping you can tell me what you guys did and about that goodie bag. Thank you dear!! annie.hadley@yahoo.com How have you guys been? Is everyone healthy again?