CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 18, 2011

mortality

this passed week i have been reminded of how short and precious life really is. interestingly enough, on sunday i taught a lesson in young women's about eternal life and how this life is like a "layover" on our way to eternal life. over the past couple days i have been reminded about how short this life can be. i found out that one of my dearest friends who i was an efy counselor with has a hubby with terminal cancer and a blood disease. then yesterday, i found out that one of the elders from my mission that i was very close to passed away. my heart hurts. my heart hurts for those who were (and will be left behind). as i am writing this i have a two year old climbing on me--she is one of the biggest joys in my life. i am soooo blessed. we all are. how wonderful the gospel is. how tender that the elder who passed away will be with his unborn child for a brief time before it is sent to earth--his wife is expecting baby #4. i love my crazy life. i love my practically perfect husband. how grateful i am that i have the privilege to be with him and our 3 beautiful children FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holding my little ones a little tighter today.

6 comments:

popa said...

Your family is so wonderful Di. the kids know they are loved and cherished and respected. You and Kyle have done a great job with them.
Isn't it wonderful to know that you can pray to Heavenly Father and he will send comfort to your friends.

Suzanne G said...

Sad to hear the news. Who is it that passed away? Please let me know. Thanks! You are awesome!

JenWright said...

You're amazing and strong. I love this post.

Suzy said...

Life is short. We've been taught that lesson big time this past year, as we lost both of Mark's parents within 4 months of each other. I am curious who passed away from the Mish?

di said...

suzy, soooo sorry to hear that. after i heard about justin marcucci's passing, i searched and searched for your email and phone number. i couldn't find either anywhere! i would love to get in contact with you!
p.s. i STILL owe you for the cookbook. sorry!
xo

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey